Thursday, April 2, 2020

On the practice test, my bad

Hello Dr. Taylor, 
Im emailing regarding the practice exam question 2 part c. In lecture you gave us the answer was |<3,0,2>|, however everywhere I've looked online says to find the max rate of change using the magnitude |<18,0,12>|. Doing this I got the answer to be sqrt(463) is this correct or incorrect. I was also wondering if you could explain where you got the <3,0,2> vector. I did part b using the <18,0,12> and got the same answer however for part c it doesn't work according to the answers you gave us which was sqrt(13).Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

**********************

You're right, my bad.  The answer should be 4√13.

1 comment:

  1. The answer i got was sqrt(468) or 6sqrt(13), can you give some insight on how you got 4sqrt(13)?

    ReplyDelete